Main Article Content
The Medical Education, Training and Computer Assisted Interventions (METRICS) Laboratory aims to integrate novel mixed-reality technologies with application in computer assisted interventions. We showcase two technologies with specific aims at optimizing surgical workflow and minimizing radiation exposure in orthopedic, trauma, and vascular surgeries. The first is an Augmented Reality C-arm fluoroscope, which provides intuitive real-time visualization by accurately overlaying X-ray to video images. The second is a ‘Desired-views’ user interface which resolves the challenges involved in the optimal control of C-arm fluoroscopes for their constant repositioning during surgery by either the interventionalist or the surgical team.
- Authors publishing in the UOJM retain copyright of their articles, including all the drafts and the final published version in the journal.
- While UOJM does not retain any rights to the articles submitted, by agreeing to publish in UOJM, authors are granting the journal right of first publication and distribution rights of their articles.
- Authors are free to submit their works to other publications, including journals, institutional repositories or books, with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in UOJM.
- Copies of UOJM are distributed both in print and online, and all materials will be publicly available online. The journal holds no legal responsibility as to how these materials will be used by the public.
- Please ensure that all authors, co-authors and investigators have read and agree to these terms.
- Works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.