Main Article Content
Dr. Andrew Pipe is chief of the division of Prevention and Rehabilitation at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute and Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ottawa. He completed his medical training at Queen’s University, and interned at The Ottawa Hospital, beginning a career path which combined his interests in sports medicine, health promotion, and advocacy. He has been a physician for athletes at the international level, served on several sporting and anti-doping organizations, and is recognized as a leading expert on cardiovascular disease prevention, physical activity, and smoking cessation.
Dr Andrew Pipe est professeur à la Faculté de médecine à l’Université d’Ottawa et il est également responsable de la division de prévention et de réhabilitation à l’Institut de cardiologie de l’Université d’Ottawa. Dr Pipe a terminé son éducation à l’Université de Queen’s et son entrainement à l’Hôpital d’Ottawa où il a commencé sa carrière dans un domaine incluant la médecine sportive, la promotion de la santé et la défense des droits. Il a été médecin pour les athlètes au niveau international et il est reconnu comme un expert sur la prévention de maladies cardiovasculaires, sur l’activité physique, et sur la cessation du tabagisme.
- Authors publishing in the UOJM retain copyright of their articles, including all the drafts and the final published version in the journal.
- While UOJM does not retain any rights to the articles submitted, by agreeing to publish in UOJM, authors are granting the journal right of first publication and distribution rights of their articles.
- Authors are free to submit their works to other publications, including journals, institutional repositories or books, with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in UOJM.
- Copies of UOJM are distributed both in print and online, and all materials will be publicly available online. The journal holds no legal responsibility as to how these materials will be used by the public.
- Please ensure that all authors, co-authors and investigators have read and agree to these terms.
- Works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.